Opening Hours:Monday To Saturday - 8am To 9pm

Natural Candida Cure stories that work

Use natural remedies for yeast infections

What Is Yeast Infection?

Yeast infections are common among women as well as men and caused by an overabundance of a group of microscopic fungi. Vaginal yeast infections, also known as vaginitis, affect up to 75% of women during their lifetime and are caused by the Candida albicans organism. An infection occurs when the normal balance between bacteria and yeast in the body is disturbed which allows for an overgrowth of yeast to occur, causing uncomfortable symptoms.

90% of all vaginal yeast infections are caused by Candida albicans while the remaining 10% are caused by other candida species. Although Candida generally affects women, it can also develop in the lower abdomen, under nail beds, beneath skin folds, under breasts or around dentures.

What is the Treatment for Yeast Infection?

Medical treatment for yeast infections in men and women involves the use of oral or topical anti-fungal medications. However, there are a number of natural remedies for the treatment of yeast infections that have proven to be effective in reducing or eliminating yeast infection in both men and women.

Natural Remedies for Yeast Infections:

1. Plain, unsweetened yogurt contains the friendly strain of bacteria called: lacatobacillus acidophilus which is known to control the growth of unfriendly bacteria and fight infection in the gut. It can be included in the diet or used topically to relieve itching.

2. Coconut Oil contains anti-fungal properties that are effective against yeast infections. It can be applied topically or swished in the mouth for oral thrush three times per day. Do not swallow.

3. Apple Cider Vinegar or white vinegar contains anti-fungal properties that control yeast growth. Drink 2 tablespoons mixed in a cup of water twice daily. It can also be added to a warm soak bath for an hour. Apply topically to affected areas to relieve symptoms.

4. Garlic is an herb that is well-known for its antibacterial and anti-fungal properties. It is also a natural antibiotic which is highly effective in the treatment of infections. Apply a paste of crushed garlic to affected areas and also include fresh raw garlic in your diet. Garlic capsules and tablets can be taken instead.

5. Cranberries are well-known for the treatment of bladder infections. Their anti-fungal and antibacterial properties are also effective in the treatment of yeast infections.
Drink organic, unsweetened cranberry juice or take cranberry tablets 2 – 3 times a day to help get rid of symptoms.

6. Organic Tea Tree Oil contains powerful anti-fungal properties for the treatment of infections, but should not be used by pregnant women as it may harm the fetus.
Dilute a couple of drops of tea tree oil with a teaspoon of olive or sweet almond oil and rub over the affected areas several times a day.
7. Oregano Oil has anti-fungal properties as well as components that boost the immune system. It can be applied topically after diluting it with olive or sweet almond oil as it may irritate the skin.
Alternatively, two oregano oil capsules can be taken twice daily for a couple of weeks.
8. Calendula is an herb with potent anti-inflammatory and anti-fungal properties to help get rid of infections. Apply the paste of crushed calendula leaves (2 or 3) to affected areas three times a day.
You can also make calendula extract tea and drink a few cups per day.
Use calendula ointments and lotions if they are all-natural.
Calendula use it not recommended for pregnant women.

9. Olive Leaf Extract has antiviral, anti-inflammatory, anti-fungal and antioxidant properties which are effective in restoring friendly bacteria to the body and fighting infection.
Make an olive leaf extract by finely chopping a few leaves and placing them in a jar. Cover the leaves with vodka, cover with a lid and store in a dark place for four weeks. Strain and apply the liquid to affected areas up to three times a day.

The above-mentioned home remedies can help get rid of the annoying symptoms of a yeast infection, however, before embarking on any home remedy regimen, consult your doctor and check for any medications that may be contraindicated with the use of herbal remedies.